Hope all is well with you and your families in this difficult time, with the world slowly opening back up. We are really pleased you are getting in touch and getting your ovens cleaned. A question we often get answered:
New Receipt : Sticky Ginger Cake
The unrefined sugars and treacle in this recipe gives this a lovely dark brown colour that means it can be slow cooked without looking white and pale. The moist cake is delicious, and if you store it wrapped in clingfilm in an airtight container, the stickiness will improve over the next few days.
75g Butter or margarine, plus extra for greasing
75g soft dark brown sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tbsp freshly grated cinnamon
1 tbsp freshly grated root ginger
2 tbsp black treacle
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
Custard or ice cream to serve
- Switch the slow cooker onto High. Grease the basin and line with some baking parchment.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar, then add the dry spices and mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a jug and add the treacle, syrup and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and grated ginger to the bowl, pour in the contents of the jug and stir well. Pour the mix into the slow-cooker basin and level off the surfaces.
- Turn the slow cooker to low, cover with the lid and cook for 3 hours until firm the touch.
- When ready, lift out the cake and either serve there and then with custard or ice cream or leave to cool and have with a nice cup of tea.
If you are wishing to book please give us a call or send an email, these can be found in the contact area. We are also on facebook.
The Oven Fairy, A Lot of Muscle and a little bit of magic
Stay Safe Everyone.